Greetings from your Board of Directors. On October 16, 2023, the FCC Board approved the formation of a Search Committee for a Settled Pastor. This committee will be charged with searching for a settled pastor who will help us take the next step in the process of meeting the spiritual needs of our church in a rich and meaningful way, and who will work with lay leaders and the congregation in operating a high quality organization that stewards our human, financial and property resources.
This dual focus of both spiritual and organizational competence by the settled pastor has been emphasized by our Interim Pastors Nancy and JT. It has been reinforced by the responses to the All Church Survey, Healing Conversations, and the amazing growth of small groups offering spiritual, financial, and administrative resources to our church. The Board is also looking for a committee that represents diversity of gender, age, and ethnicity as well as both new and longer-term members of FCC.
We are seeking committee members who have the following:
- Active membership in the church.
- Ability and desire to articulate his/her/their perspective.
- Strong listening skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, work together and cooperate with other committee members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed.
- Willingness to commit the time and energy to see the search through to a successful conclusion.
- Willingness to seek how the Spirit guides this complex process.
We also seek committee members who have specific skills/experiences, including:
- Leading the group in prayer, playing the role of Committee Chaplain
- Understanding of the church’s finances.
- An understanding of major church functions (administration, facilities, finances, etc.)
- Ability to present information to a larger audience.
- Understanding of how the church interfaces with the larger outside community
- Willingness and ability to record and maintain accurate minutes of every meeting
You can volunteer to be a member of the Search Committee and/or you can nominate a fellow church member for a role on the Committee. We are asking that you submit your name, plus a brief statement of how you meet the qualities, skills, gifts and/or attributes identified for the Committee. Or you can submit the name of a fellow FCC member, plus a brief statement of why you believe that person meets the qualities, skills, gifts and/or attributes identified for the committee. Please send submissions to Dan Close via email email@example.com by Friday, November 3, 2023.