Personal Green Choices
Save more, waste less, throughout your house from Consumer Reports, May 2, 2023
- Always leave a lever faucet in the cold position when using small amounts of water.
- Store Produce Properly. Anything that might wilt goes in the high-humidity fridge drawer; most fruits, peppers, and items that could rot go in the low-humidity drawer to extend their life.
- Label Leftovers. Note what they are and the date, then stack them (ideally in clear containers). If three or four days pass and they haven’t been eaten, pop them into the freezer until you need them
- Be stingy with detergent. Consumer Reports’ testing reveals that 1.5 ounces are plenty for an average load. That’s 1/4 cup.
- Hang an indoor clothesline.
Do you have Personal Green Choices to share with all of us? I will collect them for future segments. Email Marilyn Flick at email@example.com.