Personal Green Choices
Five quick reasons to opt for rechargeable tools:
1. Their motors produce zero emissions. Gas tools, by contrast, emit carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). In fact, they are dirtier than car engines.
2. They’re typically more efficient than gas-powered tools. That means they require less energy to do the same amount of work.
3. They are usually noticeably quieter than their gas-guzzling counterparts. That can be a boon for both you and your neighbors.
4. There’s no need to refuel and risk a gasoline spill. That type of slip-up can contaminate groundwater and aquatic systems.
5. They tend to be more reliable than gas tools, according to Consumer Reports member surveys.
Do you have Personal Green Choices to share with all of us? I will collect them for future segments. Email Marilyn Flick at firstname.lastname@example.org.