What about objects you can’t put in your curbside recycle bins? Here are places in town that take some of those.
- glass canning jars, vases, and drinking glasses
- glass doors and windows
- non-upholstered furniture
- wood, dimensional lumber and plywood
- building materials: lumber, bricks, doors, cabinets, hardware, plumbing, and lighting
Batteries + Bulbs
- car batteries
- batteries (rechargeable, mercury, lithium). Alkaline go in the trash.
- florescent light tubes and bulbs
St. Vincent de Paul
- air conditioners
- refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washers and dryers
- cell phones, stereos, radios, televisions, computers
For a more complete list, check the kiosk in the lobby at church. Look for “Where to Take It.”
Do you have Personal Green Choices to share with all of us? I will collect them for future segments. Email Marilyn Flick at email@example.com.