Lots is happening with FCC and Social Justice this month and you will find separate articles in the Shalom about how you can be involved. In addition, the church board approved two significant endeavors at its last meeting and you will be seeing more activity in these areas.
Climate Action Plan
First, the board approved FCC’s first-ever Climate Action Plan! This plan has four major “goals”. You can view the complete plan on our FCC website under Green Team. If you are interested in getting involved, contact Val or Gwen at email@example.com.
- FCC will conserve resources and use only environmentally friendly materials. “Green principles” will guide our use of equipment and consumable supplies and resources.
- FCC congregation will be well informed and educated about all the ways individuals can make changes in their own lives to reduce, reuse, recycle, refuse, return, rent, repair, and rethink to limit resource use.
- FCC will be a strong advocate for addressing climate change. We will use our voices to advocate on a local level, state level and national level for policies that slow global warming and reduce pollution.
- First Congregational Church endowment will be invested in companies that are environmentally responsible and will not be invested in fossil fuel industry or in other climate-damaging enterprises.
- First Congregational Church will apply for designation as a Creation Justice Church in the United Church of Christ.